During Teacher Appreciation Week, I made a Frittata for a breakfast and the Director of her school couldn’t eat it! Or anything else for that matter- he’s vegan! So, I was determined to do something special for him as well.
Let me tell you, Googling and Pinterest-ing for Vegan recipes is NOT FUN. I got a lot of Oatmeal. Bananas. Bleh.
My husband had actually received a recipe from work for these cookies and I decided to make them for Mr. B!
They are Paleo, gluten-free and dairy-free and (almost) vegan.
best place to buy generic propecia Ingredients:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil or Kerrygold butter (use coconut oil if vegan), room temp
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 6 table spoons natural almond butter, room temp
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temp (this is not vegan; however, we raise our own chickens so I know that they are free-range, organic eggs from happy chickens)
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips (I did not have vegan chocolate chips, I just use Ghiardelli 60% Cacao ones)
Continue Reading Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the dry ingredients: almond & coconut flour baking soda & salt
- In a separate mixing bowl, use an electric hand mixer to beat together the coconut oil (or Kerrygold butter) and sugar until well combined.
- Beat in the almond butter and vanilla extract. Beat in the egg, then add the flour mixture to the mix. Stir in chocolate chips.
Roll the dough into ball and place on baking sheet. Press down slightly.
Bake for 11-14 minutes for coconut sugar and 14-17 minutes for brown sugar. The cookies will still be very soft when they come out but will continue to cook.
Allow to cool completely on the baking sheet.