I am just now jumping onto the Aldi train, but let me tell you I sure am glad I did!
I had been seeing my friends’ posts about it and I was always a little skeptical. To be honest, it seemed like one of the “cheap” grocery stores and I wasn’t sure it would have good, quality stuff.
Boy, was I wrong.
Since the girls have started school, I make one day a week my grocery shopping day. I plan out all of our meals on Sunday and usually do my grocery shopping on Wednesday.
My Aldi obsession all started with this lady. I found this meal plan and made almost everything on it.
Since then, I have moved the majority of my shopping over there and here’s some of my favorite things I have discovered there:
More about the author Bread
- Seedtastic is my everyday bread, I have one in the fridge and one in the freezer at all times.
- Ciabatta (I used for Caprese Paninis, which were AMAZEBALLS)
- Plain Bagels
- Brownies (I used to make the Raspberry Brownie Bites for Valentine’s Day)
- Oranges (Cuties)
- Romaine lettuce
- Strawberries (Which were LOCAL, btw! Plant City strawberries! What?)
- Caesar salad mix
- Organic reduced fat milk
- Plain Greek (substitute for sour cream)
- Greek Vanilla
- Organic whole milk Vanilla
- Fresh Mozzarella
- Cube cheese
- Provolone cheese
- Cream cheese
- Veggie soup mix (I use this to make Spinach Dip)
- Tomato basil soup
Caesar salad kit, added grilled chicken, bacon bits, hardboiled egg & avocado
- Coconut Chia Granola
- Superfruit spread
(this is the Organic whole milk Vanilla yogurt, 1/2 banana, super fruit spread & coconut Chia Granola)
- Pasta sauce
- Organic chicken broth and Beef broth
- ABC noodles
- Organic ketchup
- Organic coffee (whole bean)
- Black Bean Burgers (*note: these are SPICY. I tried to feed them to my girls and it did NOT wok out well)
- BANANA POPS!!!!
- Imitation Crab meat (I use this for Sushi Bowls)
- Hard salami bite-sized pieces
- Chicken thighs
- Chuck roast (for Italian beef)
- Heart-shaped pasta
- Heart Marshmallows
(for Valentine’s Day)
On my list for this week (which I haven’t bought before) are: peanut butter and salsa!
I hope this was helpful and if you are hesitant on taking the plunge to Aldi, I strongly encourage you to!
A couple of notes:
- Bring reusable bags
- Bring a quarter- this is how you will get your cart (don’t worry you get it back!)